University College of Medicine & Dentistry offers an excellent opportunity for a career in Medicine & Dentistry.
The integrated curriculum is contemporary and innovative. The program has been designed for our graduates to meet the challenges of tomorrow in the practice of Medicine & Dentistry. The College aims to produce healthcare providers for next-generation and finally to produce specialists with highest level of competence and professionalism, who can cater to patients from diverse healthcare domains.
The faculty facilitates not only problem-based but also clinical and research-based studies to under-graduates using interactive sessions, seminars, PBLs, Journal Clubs Meetings and case discussions. Class tests, practical examinations, and patient-centered examinations are conducted throughout the year for student training & preparation for a final examination so that they can serve as a useful professional academician, clinician or researcher effectively & efficiently.
The University College of Medicine runs a five-year course leading to the degree of MBBS. The first two years are spent on learning the basic sciences through lectures, tutorials, practical work, seminars, and tests. From the third year, students spend a part of their time in hospital attending outpatients, wards, operation theaters, lectures, and demonstrations. Marks earned during this work count as internal evaluation and form part of the performance in the annual examinations.
Program Duration: 5 Year
Timing: Full time (Morning 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
Location: Defence Road Campus, Lahore.
Recognized By: PM&DC, Ministry of Health Government of Pakistan, HEC, ECFMG USA, WHO, FAIMER
According to the Admission Regulations 2018 (as amended on 30th May 2019) of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, the merit of an applicant shall be worked out by adding the marks in following ratio:
Intermediate (Pre-Medical)/Equivalent – 50%
Admission Test – 50%
The Integrated dental curriculum is competency-based and at the end of four years, students would be expected to have developed the following competencies.
• Oral and maxillofacial surgery: Extract teeth, fix fractures, and manage pathologies.
• Operative: Treat toothache and fill a dental cavity to restore a smile.
• Endodontic: Remove the nerves from the tooth and fill the canal.
• Pedodontics: Manage children for their dental problem (milk teeth and permanent teeth)
• Periodontics: treatment of gum diseases.
• Orthodontics: Alignment of teeth and jaws.
• Community dentistry: Address the common dental problem of the community.
• Dental Radiology: Take and interpret dental X-rays.
• Oral Pathology and oral medicine: Identity the orofacial abnormalities.