Number of admissions
The number of annual admissions for MBBS is 150 and 75 for BDS.
Open Merit Seats
The candidates who have passed the (F.Sc.) Intermediate science/ HSSC Examination (Pre-Medical group) securing at least 60% marks from a board of Higher Secondary Education/Intermediate/F.Sc in Pakistan shall be eligible for admission in MBBS/BDS course.
The candidates who have passed an examination equivalent to (F.Sc.) Intermediate science/ HSSC Examination level of Pakistan from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with three subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC to be equivalent to (F.Sc.) in aggregate. The candidate shall be eligible for admission in MBBS/ BDS course with any study group whichever the IBCC may write.
The candidate applying against open Merit Seats for admission at UCMD need to clear the provincial entry test (MCAT).
1. The admission on foreign seats will be for candidates who have passed FSc equivalent examination in Pakistan
from a foreign university or passed the equivalent examination in a foreign education system outside Pakistan.
2. The students who have given examinations under foreign education systems need to clear 3 subjects out of which 2 subjects should be BIOLOGY & CHEMISTRY. The third subject is upto the choice of the candidate.
3. The aggregate score of the three subjects combined should be 60% (as calculated by IBCC, Pakistan).
4. The candidates securing 60% marks will be eligible for admission in MBBS/BDS course with any study group that IBCC may write.
1. Candidates with foreign qualification can either clear Provincial entry test (MCAT) or SAT II Examination for admission in
MCAT: The minimum qualifying score for MCAT is 24 in aggregate.
SAT II: The candidate needs to pass SAT II in three subjects of which Biology & Chemistry are compulsory. The minimum qualifying score of SAT II is 550 in each subject (not in aggregate).
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility (both on open merit seats and foreign seats) and providing valid entry test results (MCAT or SAT II) will be called for UCMD interview.